[fpc-pascal] Dosemu problems compiling

Jonas Maebe jonas.maebe at elis.ugent.be
Mon Apr 5 21:38:33 CEST 2010

On 05 Apr 2010, at 21:21, John Coppens wrote:

> Anyone had a similar experience?

As the DosEMU output says: "ERROR: Please report the contents of ~/.dosemu/boot.log at
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?atid=457447&group_id=49784&func=browse"

This is a bug in DosEMU.

> (NOTE: I tried dosbox too. When I ran 'fpc', the screen output was
> garbled. Tried several options, but couldn't get that to work).

And that's a bug in DosBox (furthermore DosBox is not supported for running arbitrary DOS programs, only for playing games -- although I guess you could write a DOS game in FPC and use that as case, since it'll probably have the same problems).

> I'm trying to get a program compiled for use under DOS+extender (or
> win32). I looked up the possibility to cross-compile, but that doesn't
> seem possible under x86_64 (no 32bit targets)?

You have to build an x86_64 -> i386 cross-compiler first (or use a native i386 compiler, since all x86_64 platforms I know of can also run i386 binaries). You will also need cross-binutils targeting DJGPP 2.x to be able to link.

Jonas