[fpc-pascal] Documentation strangeness

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Sun Apr 4 17:41:10 CEST 2010

On 4 April 2010 12:11, Michael Van Canneyt <michael at freepascal.org> wrote:

>> That depends on the PDF reader. Searching is virtually instantaneous on
>> Mac OS X with its default PDF reader (but it's indeed fairly slow with at
>> least Acrobat Reader).

I guess Mac has better PDF support than any other platform. Acrobat
Reader on Linux is slow to start up, does not come standard with Linux
distros, is a rather large download.

> Okular also searches very fast.

I have never heard of Okular, but a quick Google search reveals it's
part of KDE apps. I use Evince (included with Ubuntu) or Acrobat
Reader to view or print PDF's. Each have there own strengths, but no
single one is a clear winner.

I must admit, I haven't used FPC's PDF or HTML docs in some time. The
INF versions are very near 100% complete, so they already fulfil my
documentation needs and integrate well with Lazarus IDE and MSEide.

  - Graeme -