[fpc-pascal] OS/2 INF help support

Marco van de Voort marcov at stack.nl
Tue Sep 8 17:05:08 CEST 2009

In our previous episode, Tomas Hajny said:
> >> (NewView) implemented in Object Pascal (I think it's Free Pascal
> >> Compiler compatible).
> >
> > Don't forget licensing issues. Also keep in mind that portable editors and
> > generators for HTML are plenty. What about .INF? Is there a Latex2inf?
>
> There is Texinfo2Ipf and HTML2IPF and also probably some others, surely
> all with their limitations. Nevertheless, I'm not sure if .INF is more
> interesting/better than CHM nowadays (except for the fact that I'm not
> aware of a CHM viewer for OS/2, which is an important downside for me
> personally, of course ;-) ).

Then fix the textmode IDE for OS/2 :-)

Point is the CHM support is quite far atm, and I don't think it makes sense
to add another format. I'm also seriously thinking to cull some of the
legacy formats out of the IDE when the transition is ready.

Maybe with a converter if they must really be supported. (like a TPH2CHM
would be great, since that'd allow BP owners to integrate TV help)