[fpc-pascal] Printing the FPC documentation

Marco van de Voort marcov at stack.nl
Mon Sep 7 10:41:02 CEST 2009

> Marco van de Voort het geskryf:
> >
> > At the uni I had a big 5SI with a duplex unit, so printing double
> > sided in A5 format was easy. I usually didn't cut it though, just
>
> Our company has huge printers as well ?

Well, it was more an implicit hint that nowadays I don't have the luxury of
workgroup printers anymore :-)

> > If you can obtain the latex source as generated by fpdoc, it
> > shouldn't be that long. Just find anything before the first unit,
> > save it as preamble, and then cut on unit borders. 5 minutes.
>
> I already have the latest doc source checked out ? I just haven't
> bothered installing LaTeX yet. Internally, our company moved over to
> OpenDocument (ODT) format instead of TeX, so lately I don't have a need
> for LaTeX myself. But with apt-get it's no trouble really.

I use OOo at work too, but at home mostly use Latex based LyX.

> > For a RTL reference I'd like ringbinding because it will lay flat
> > open, so you can type with two hands.
>
> I was actually refering to comb binding or plastic spiral binding ?

Plastic spiral, but there are metal ones too with the same property. IIRC at
the uni the plastic ones were also available in larger sizes.

It lasts the few years before it is outdated.