[fpc-pascal] The names of the various FPC documentation

Marco van de Voort marcov at stack.nl
Mon Sep 7 09:02:15 CEST 2009

> Out of those 3 seems to have logical names. rtl, fcl and fpdoc. The
> problem I have is the 'user', 'ref' and 'prog' names.  Maybe somebody
> can explain to me how I can remember the various information in each of
> these. For example, if I want to know about a Compiler Parameter, or a
> Language syntax, it is never clear which document I should open.
>
> Now seeing that all (half-descent) OSes support long filenames these
> days, couldn't we name them better.

The names would then be out of sync with the forms of documentation
supported on apparantly less than half-decent OSes. (like CHM)

Moreover I don't have a problem with the names themselves. One could wonder
about the division of the three, but the association of "ref" with
"reference guide", prog with "programmers's guide" etc isn't THAT hard.