[fpc-pascal] Who said Pascal isn't popular

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Sat Oct 17 14:42:58 CEST 2009

On 17/10/2009, Vinzent Hoefler <JeLlyFish.software at gmx.net> wrote:

> Absolutely. But there's also the catch: With people only knowing C where
>  should this knowledge come from?

Documentation.

I have been programming solely in Object Pascal for the last 9 years.
I dab in Java every now and again (but not for any production
software). I also read a lot of C/C++ code which I rewrite into Object
Pascal for whatever reason. So just like me being able to read and
understand languages I don't earn a living in, so should C,C++,Java,C#
etc developers be able to read and understand Object Pascal.

A quick study of some language reference docs and a few examples
should be all you need to get started.

  - Graeme -