[fpc-pascal] Case in Record

Jürgen Hestermann juergen.hestermann at gmx.de
Thu Oct 8 18:12:27 CEST 2009

>> And I don't know any other Pascal Compiler who does any checks in this
>> direction. Do some?
> I don't know, but ADA reportedly does.

I don't know the differences to Pascal. Does it have the same syntax for
variant records?

> Such a feature definitely seems useful to me.

Of course it would be. But how should it work? Setting the tag variable
when assigning a value and raising an error when reading with different
variant? Then what if the tag variable is changed directly? Or should it
be readonly (which would make sense IMHO).