[fpc-pascal] X, Y co-ordinate system under OS/2

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Thu Oct 8 09:28:09 CEST 2009

2009/10/7 Tomas Hajny <XHajT03 at mbox.vol.cz>:

> Yes, this is the case as far as I know (I haven't done any GUI programming
> under OS/2 myself, but I know that this has always been one of the main
> porting obstacles between Win32 and OS/2 at least).

I suppose I can see the merits for using each of the co-ordinate systems.

Windows & Linux:  Follows the path of how memory is laid out in the
graphics hardware.

OS/2: Follows the path of mathematics.

Either way, I have found numerous errors in my port due to this
"unknown by me" issue.  :-/

  - Graeme -