[fpc-pascal] Dataset modification and reading at the same time

Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho felipemonteiro.carvalho at gmail.com
Mon Oct 5 15:44:55 CEST 2009

Hello,

I am having a dilema with a dataset based app. I have 2 dataset
objects pointing to the same database file, one connected with
data-aware controls to allow the user to change the data and the other
one only for reading. I need 2 because I need to show data based on
the database while modifying it, and I can't iterate between items
using the write dataset because that would disturb the user editing.

The problem now is that the write doesn't go immediately to disk, so
when modifications are done this doesn't modify the displaying of data
which is based on the read dataset.

Is it possible to have 2 dataset objects sharing the same memory
database? Or else any ideas of how to solve this problem other then
constantly writing changes to the disk and reloading the read dataset?

thanks,
--
Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho