[fpc-pascal] multiple inheritence

David Emerson dle3ab at angelbase.com
Sun Oct 4 10:12:02 CEST 2009

On Sat 3 Oct 2009, Micha Nelissen wrote:
> It's not as if combining those gives you the best of both worlds ...
> if the sorted list needs to keep its list sorted, having the
> sequential list won't make iterating faster ...
>
> Micha

Having a sequential list makes iterating through the list *possible*, if
items are being added at the same time that iteration is happening. I
have a multi-threaded app here, so several threads are iterating
through the sequential "unsorted" list, at the same time that other
threads are attempting to add to the list.

Additions need to be checked for duplicate entries, thus necessitating a
sorted list for fast lookup.

I suppose I could have specified that list elements won't be changed
once they are in.

Thanks for the response, though
Cheers,
David