[fpc-pascal] readonly variables

Anthony Walter sysrpl at gmail.com
Sat Nov 28 23:31:30 CET 2009

Okay, I am going to call bullshit on you. This is the second time (in
a few weeks) where you've replied to something I've written with wrong
information.

This first time concerning  the topic "const records passed
incorrectly" you said, "It is nowhere written in the Delphi specs that
const parameters are passed by reference. It is often so, but is by no
means guaranteed"

That time I corrected you by pointing out the line in the help file
contradicting your assertion. Martin Schreiber also chimed in,
pointing out you were plainly wrong. In case you forgot, here is a
refresher: http://tinyurl.com/yz8pqfv

This second time regarding the current discussion you said: "This is
not guaranteed in any way." and "nowhere it says in the Pascal
language specification that this is guaranteed by the compiler"

And I responded with the section, subsection, page number, and direct
quote contradicting your assertion.

I don't care if you claim to have written documentation, you clearly
either don't have a grasp of the English language, good memory,
research skills, or some combination those deficiencies. When we
(English speakers) say "nowhere", it means "a state of nonexistence"
or "not anywhere". When I, and others, then find the exact lines of
said documentation proving your assertions that nothing of the sort
was in the documentation, then you are wrong, and now doubly so.

You have lost credibility IMO, and I foresee a trend where you are
digging yourself further into a hole.