[fpc-pascal] make CPU_TARGET=arm OS_TARGET=linux ignores both flags

ik idokan at gmail.com
Fri Nov 27 11:56:57 CET 2009

That did not added the cross compile to the tar.

But  I was able to work with it anyway using package manager (still playing
with it, and when it will be ready I'll release it to AUR -> arch linux
community packages build).

I have another problem. I'm trying to create an Hello world for OpenMoko
(SHR unstable distro).
The file that FPC created for me is:
hello: ELF 32-bit LSB executable, ARM, version 1, statically linked, not
stripped

While SHR's programs signature is:
./e2fsck.e2fsprogs: ELF 32-bit LSB executable, ARM, version 1 (SYSV), for
GNU/Linux 2.6.24, dynamically linked (uses shared libs), stripped

When I try to execute the hello binary it gives me the following error:
Illegal instruction

Debugging it with gdb gives the following:
Starting program: /var/volatile/tmp/hello

Program received signal SIGILL, Illegal instruction.
0x00008638 in SYSTEM_SYSINITFPU ()
(gdb) bt
#0  0x00008638 in SYSTEM_SYSINITFPU ()
#1  0x00008654 in SYSTEM_FPC_CPUINIT ()
#2  0x0000af18 in fpc_initializeunits ()
#3  0x0000807c in main () at /tmp/hello.pp:3

Is there a way to create FPC/program differently to make it work ? How I can
provide additional information about the problem if needed ?

Thanks,
Ido

http://ik.homelinux.org/