[fpc-pascal] sqldb, oracle, and mac os x

Bee Jay bee.ography at gmail.com
Thu Nov 26 09:46:34 CET 2009

Hi all,

I'm writing a program which connects to a remote Oracle server using
sqlDB (TOracleConnection). TOracleConnection keeps telling me that
Oracle client library (libociei.dylib) is not yet installed. However,
I'm pretty sure that it's already installed correctly since Oracle's
SQLPlus is already able to connect to the remote database server.

I installed Oracle's Instant Client Basic Package and SQL*Plus Package
from http://www.oracle.com/technology/software/tech/oci/instantclient/htdocs/intel_macsoft.html
  using the 32 bit version (I'm on Leopard Intel). Set the required
symlinks and environment variables (ORACLE_HOME, DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH,
SQL_PATH) within /etc/profile, .bash_login, and environment.plist.
Testing the installation using SQLPlus showed that SQLPlus is able to
connect to an Oracle database.

I'm using FPC v.2.2.4 and Lazarus 9.29. This is my first experience
accessing Oracle from Mac OS. I never had this kind of problem while
on Linux (Ubuntu and CentOS).

Any hints? TIA.

--

-Bee-