[fpc-pascal] One experience with the unit serial

Paul Breneman Paul2006 at BrenemanLabs.com
Thu Nov 19 16:26:02 CET 2009

Marco van de Voort wrote:
> In our previous episode, Gustavo Enrique Jimenez said:
>> Did you try Synaser? http://www.ararat.cz/synapse/doku.php/download .
>> I use it on all my projects since 2006 without problems (linux,
>> windows, etc...).
>
> How do you use it? I'm used to TComport, and it seems that synaser, like
> unit serial, only supports blocking use.
>
> Do you put it in a thread?
>
> I need it for a link that receives and sends at random, not related moments.

I've got some simple non-threaded SynaSer code in a simple FreePascal
distribution here:
   http://www.turbocontrol.com/simpleserial.htm

I've also used SynaSer in threads on Windows and Linux and it works
there too.

Paul

www.dbReplication.com
www.TurboControl.com