[fpc-pascal] How to solve "variable does not seem to be initialized" compiler hint.

Graeme Geldenhuys graeme at mastermaths.co.za
Thu Nov 19 07:40:57 CET 2009

Marco van de Voort wrote:

> But I agree with Jonas. The problem is the obsession to eliminate
> each and every warning, not the hint/warning.

I fully agree with JoshyFun. It's nothing to do with obsession. I you
keep getting thousands of "useless" hints you will eventually start
ignoring them, and that is probably the time you will miss a REAL hint
or warning that pops up between those thousands of useless ones. I don't
have the time to seek through all my 200,000+ lines of code looking for
what is 'real' hints and what is 'fake' hints.

I don't see any problem in trying to write code with no hints &
warnings. That's simply clean code!

Regards,
  - Graeme -

http://opensoft.homeip.net/fpgui/