[fpc-pascal] Why can't 64bit FPC cross-compile 32bit

Graeme Geldenhuys graeme at mastermaths.co.za
Mon Nov 9 15:01:34 CET 2009

Rainer Stratmann wrote:
> Is it possible to create an .exe file at linux os when choosing
> target 'windows'?

Yes - when you compile your applications using the cross compiler. The
crosscompiler wiki page explains it all. I have successfully created
Windows 32bit .exe files from my Linux system.

NOTE:
The cross compiler (ppcross386) is still a Linux executable though, but
the project compiled with that compiler is a native Windows executable.

Pretty neat! :-)

Regards,
  - Graeme -

http://opensoft.homeip.net/fpgui/