[fpc-pascal] Re: Stack checking in dynamic libraries

Joost van der Sluis joost at cnoc.nl
Mon Nov 9 13:27:52 CET 2009

On Sun, 2009-11-08 at 19:54 +0100, Jonas Maebe wrote:
> cobines wrote on Sun, 08 Nov 2009:
>
> > I have to conclude that the values in rtl/inc/systemh.inc: StackTop,
> > StackBottom, StackLength are not behaving as thread-specific variables
> > in the library, even though they are declared using ThreadVar.
>
> Your problem is that every FPC-compiled library contains its own copy
> of the RTL. At this time you cannot create an FPC library whose RTL
> state is shared between a library and the main program. On Linux this
> will be possible after the patches attached to
> http://bugs.freepascal.org/view.php?id=12492 have been fully applied
> (they've only been applied partially for 2.4.0).

Wow.... I've never seen that bug-report before. This is great! And
offcourse an important part of the 'packages-support' people are always
asking for. Great thanks to the reporter Pierre Pede...

If we can make this stable, it would be great for the packages included
by several linux-distributions/repositories...

Joost.