[fpc-pascal] Access to RS232 ports with fpc

Bernd Mueller mueller.b at gmx.net
Mon Nov 2 15:23:32 CET 2009

Holger Bruns wrote:
> Holger Bruns schrieb:
>> I try to implement a direct port access. If this also leads to access
>> errors, I should give it up. Embarassing.
> Accessing ports is limited to ports < 03ffh, more ports cannot be
> released with fpioperm. This means to me, successful serial port access
> on higher addresses cannot yet be implemented with fpc. If this policy
> can be ruled out, let me know.

so you must use a very special serial hardware which is located on io
address higher than $3ff. Seems unlikely to me. In your former post, you
tried to access io address 1000 (decimal) this is $3e8 (hexadecimal) and
should be an ordinary COM3. May be you are mixing up decimal vs.
hexadecimal notation.

Regards, Bernd.