[fpc-pascal] dwarf and stabs info in ppu?

Jonas Maebe jonas.maebe at elis.ugent.be
Sun Nov 1 17:41:01 CET 2009

On 01 Nov 2009, at 17:29, Martin wrote:

> If I compile a package, the lcl, the rtl, whatever, I can do so with
> -g getting stabs, then any app I compile with -gw will not see the
> debug info for those package
> -gw geting dwarf, and any app compiled with -g will not see it

That is normal.

> So I assume that the debug info stored in the ppu or .o files is
> specific to either dwarf or stabs.

It's in the .o files.

> Hence, I wonder, if both could be included in ppu or .o files. So I
> can choose freely when compiling my apps. (I understand the final
> exe can only have one (probably))

This is at least not supported by the Mac OS X linker: if it detects
DWARF debug information in an object file, it will ignore any Stabs
debug info. So I do not think that what you want is possible. gcc also
can only include one kind of debug information in object files.

Jonas