[fpc-pascal] IE 200307043

Jonas Maebe jonas.maebe at elis.ugent.be
Wed May 27 19:34:09 CEST 2009

On 27 May 2009, at 19:26, Prince Riley wrote:

> p := p + nil;   is INVALID (expression is valid, operands valid but
> result
> is invalid) -- execution error, execution addressing exception

This will always be invalid regardless of how nil is handled, because
you cannot add two pointers together. You can add integers to pointers
though, so the question is about "nil + 1" and the like. Delphi indeed
gives an error, which makes sense. I resolved the internalerror by
accepting the expression, which is indeed not a good idea. So I'll
change it.

Jonas