[fpc-pascal] Memory leaks in FPC 2.3.1 SVN 13188

Bruce Tulloch bruce at causal.com
Sun May 24 09:29:50 CEST 2009

When building an application with Lazarus (r20153) using FPC (r13188)
(on a Debian Lenny system) we are experiencing significant memory leaks.
Earlier revisions of both Lazarus and FPC 2.3.1 experience the same problem.

Building and running our app with heaptrc enabled we find a very large
number of blocks reporting memory allocated by fpc_dynarray_copy and
fpc_dynarray_setlength as remaining allocated at application exit even
though the variables to which the arrays are assigned either go out of
scope, are reused or are destroyed at application exit (or before).

When the same application is built with with Delphi6, Kylix3 and Turbo
Delphi there are no such memory leaks. With are building using FPC 2.3.1
with $MODE DELPHI.

Are we missing something here or might this be an FPC bug?

We'll file a bug report if necessary.

Many thanks for any advice!

Cheers, Bruce.