[fpc-pascal] How to add new function related to MAC OS X

Jonas Maebe jonas.maebe at elis.ugent.be
Fri May 22 14:01:20 CEST 2009

On 22 May 2009, at 13:45, Marco van de Voort wrote:

> The Mac OS X maintainer only supports the libc
> interface,

It is Apple that only supports the libc interface (and yes, you
probably expected this reaction). There is no syscall interface for
direct use by applications on Mac OS X (well, no more than there is a
kernel API on Linux for use by closed source kernel modules anyway:
nothing suported, and guaranteed by their developers to break every
now and then).

> As far as I know the OS X syscall interface is nearly the same as
> FreeBSD's
> for the base set.

And it slightly changes from time to time.

Jonas