[fpc-pascal] How to use OpenGL 2.0 features

Lord Satan reimgrab at web.de
Mon May 11 16:42:28 CEST 2009

On Mon, 11 May 2009 10:12:11 +0400
dmitry boyarintsev <skalogryz.lists at gmail.com> wrote:

> Only new version function are loaded on demand. This makes the binding
> very *flexible*.
> Because some obsolete functions might be removed in future OpenGL versions.
OpenGL 3.x also deprecates many OpenGL 1.1 functions (for example immediate mode). OpenGL 1.1 is not loaded (as there is no need even on windows) so how does the 'flexibility' help us there?
I also fail to see how loading of OpenGL 1.5 for example helps, if only two of 1.5s functions are deprecated. The bindings have to be changed nonetheless.
The bindings where not created with flexibility in mind. It looks more like somebody just ported the Delphi bindings without really knowing what he is doing. No offense meant here just an observation.

S.
--
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?