[fpc-pascal] How to use OpenGL 2.0 fatures

Marco van de Voort marcov at stack.nl
Sun May 10 14:40:33 CEST 2009

In our previous episode, Lord Satan said:
> On Sat, 9 May 2009 22:29:51 +0400
> dmitry boyarintsev <skalogryz.lists at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > ANY OS must call it (both Linux and OSX), otherwise function variables
> > are not initialized!
> But this is an FPC restriction not an OpenGL one. My own OpenGL headers did not need this and they worked.
> Anyway, thanks for the information.

I don't know if it is the case for this specific header, but I always try to
make the initialization explicit. This mainly because then in case of
changed library names the user can simply override by passing the new name
to the initialization routine.

Note that there is a difference in an own header (that is usually part of
the project), and a header that is mainly used precompiled. The latter has
to last longer.