[fpc-pascal] Servlet server for Fpc apps

Bee bee.ography at gmail.com
Sun Mar 29 15:22:24 CEST 2009

> I have seen ExtPascal and looked at the ExtJS library which seemed
> interesting, but if I am right the license is not LGPL or something
> similar.

If you understand the parser code which generate the wrapper units,
you may able to enhance it to be able to parse other JS UI frameworks.
Qooxdoo seems to be another good alternative for ExtJS. ;)

> Same with Morfik interesting, but expensive and not open. Haxe
> is opensource and, if you are used to pascal like me since 30 years now,
> as a language not so far away (at least from all C - styled languages
> the most comfortable in my point of view).

I'm not quite interested since it produces intermediate code which
need to be compiled by other compiler. If it has some serious bugs on
the code generator, it would double my work. I prefer Powtils,
ExtPascal, or Morfik approach, otherwise I better go to Java and GWT.

> I have never heard of Powtils but will take a look at it.

It's yet another CGI library for Pascal. You may check it out from
http://powtils.googlecode.com. It used to be known as Pascal Server
Page.

--
-Bee-