[fpc-pascal] Web link to documentation

Marco van de Voort marcov at stack.nl
Fri Mar 20 11:02:25 CET 2009

In our previous episode, Michael Van Canneyt said:
> > > I wonder how many entries in apache error log can be found for these links
> > > prior to your posting. IOW, I wonder how many people equals "Most users".
> >
> > I'm pretty sure there must be a few... ;-)
> >
> > Other website examples (just to name a few):
> >    doc.trolltech.com/
> >    www.wxwidgets.org/docs/
> >    java.sun.com/docs/
> >    httpd.apache.org/docs/
> >    docs.rubyonrails.org
> >    docs.joomla.org
> >
> > It's not like we need a new web page or anything, it's simply a
> > '/docs/' alias that needs to be added to the web server or a new
> > 'virtual' host (I think) setup for docs.freepascal.org.
>
> docs.freepascal.org now points straight to the documentation page.

Not working yet here, but that could be dns propagation time. Anyway, I like
this, I already had a button added to the firefox buttonbar.

Problem is only that it won't work for mirrors.

P.s. Speaking about docs: I saw the current documentation is still badly linked.
(the next/prev links) I also retried myself using the most recent tex4ht
updates (januari 2009), and failed again, the links are still borked, though
i have a feeling they are slightly better.