[fpc-pascal] Pascal arrays vs TStringList.DelimitedText

Francisco Reyes lists at stringsutils.com
Fri Mar 20 04:32:44 CET 2009

Getting back to Pascal.. Aren't pascal arrays 1 based?

As I get myself re-acquainted with pascal I am working on a small open
source utility. Bumped into something that confused me.. It seems
TStringList.DelimitedText produces an array that starts at zero, but from
what I can tell regular arrays start at 1.

Is there a list anywhere of which classes in the FCL use arrays that start
at zero?

Tried reading the Tstringlist documentation and the beginning of the classes
unit for any indicator of arrays in that unit starting at zero, but did not
see any. Did I miss it?