[fpc-pascal] proxy for sql

Andreas Berger Andreas at TheBergerClan.org
Thu Mar 19 14:57:22 CET 2009

This isn't really a FPC question, but since the application is being
written in FPC I thought I would ask here.

I am developing an application that controls machinery. The application
will store everything that happens in a SQL database. Some clients
(restricted) should have permission to access the database to generate
their own reports via some 3rd party report generation software of their
choice. However I want to restrict who has access without placing a user
password on the SQL server since some clients purchase multiple
instances of the SW but not all options.

1) Is it possible to place my app between the 3rd party app and the SQL
server? How would I do this.
2) Is it possible to configure the SQL server to query my app to see if
a user can log on?
3) Any other ideas?

Regards,
Andreas