[fpc-pascal] locale solution for unix systems

ik idokan at gmail.com
Thu Mar 19 09:55:11 CET 2009

The locale itself is not just ascii based files, there are compiled
files, so you will require to re-implement the way of reading the data
inside the compiled files.
If you wish to make rules on your own, well it's way too much
information to add to RTL.
For example here in Israel our first work day in the week is Sunday
and not Monday, so you will need to work with it. Also our date format
is dd/mm/yyyy and not mm/dd/yyyy or yyyy/mm/dd
etc.. Currency separator is comma, the actual names of things are in
Hebrew, so for each locale you will require to re-implement all of
this rules. That's why using the libc functions is better.

Or am I missing here something in what you are saying ?

Ido