[fpc-pascal] Boehm GC

Krishna v.krishnakumar at gmail.com
Wed Mar 18 15:47:11 CET 2009

On Wed, Mar 18, 2009 at 7:07 PM, ritchie turner
<blackdog at ipowerhouse.com> wrote:

> I'm new to fpc and pascal, i.e. I've never done a project in it, but
> i've been following the lists for a while and dabbling.
>
> I like using a garbage collector and I know you can replace the memory
> manager in fpc so i guess it's probably trivial to replace the standard
> with boehm. Wondered if anyone's done it and how they got on, and if
> there are issues with the idea.

Very many years ago I asked the same question on this mailing list :)

Check it out here:
http://www.hu.freepascal.org/lists/fpc-pascal/2002-November/004229.html

IIRC, it worked on Win32 with boehmgc linked in as a DLL. Don't
remember if it was faster than the default memory manager though.

Cheers,
  -Krishna

--
I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound
they make as they fly by.