[fpc-pascal] Acces IO-ports in Linux with FPC 2.2.0

Iisakki Kosonen iisakki.kosonen at rsm.ie
Thu Mar 5 17:49:01 CET 2009

Hi,

I am developing a free pascal software in Linux, which uses the
parallel digital input/output card (with intel 8255) in an industrial PC.
I was able to compile and run without problems with FP 2.0.4.

Now, that the oldlinux unit is removed in the latest FPC,
I cannot compile the program any more.
The error messages are:
- identifier not found "fdOpen"
- identifier not found "fdWrite"
- identifier not found "fdRead"

I have tried replacing the oldlinux with other FP units including:
SysUtils, Baseunix, Unix, UnixUtil, but it did not help.

Only adding the Unix-unit helped a bit, because then the following
error messages disappeared (constants):
- Intentifier not found "OpenRdWr"
- Intentifier not found "OpenSync"

Could someone tell, what to do in order to compile
the code with: fdOpen, fdWrite and fdRead in FP 2.2.X
Or is there another solution to access the parallel IO-cards,
may be there is a piece of software for this already ?

 Regards
- Iisakki