[fpc-pascal] Creating FPC enabled websites

Michael Van Canneyt michael at freepascal.org
Wed Mar 4 08:37:39 CET 2009

On Wed, 4 Mar 2009, Bee wrote:

> > Yes, and they are nearly all slow, cumbersome and unresponsive. They are
> > typical of companies that say "this is easier for me. I don't care whether
> > you like using it or not, you are going to have to use it if you want to
> > deal with us, and anyway everyone else has web apps that are just as bad, so
> > soon you will not notice."
>
> Many people on the "desktop" side keep saying that web-based app is
> *always* slow, cumbersome, and unresponsive, while many people on the
> "web-based" side keep saying the otherwise. If each insists on their
> own POV without trying to understand the other POV, and ignoring facts
> (success/fail stories) and consequences (dis/advantages) of each POV,
> then it becomes a religion war. I'm not interested in such discussion.

Maybe this will convince you:
There was a comparison between our software and software for the same
purpose, but written in web (written by a competitor). It was evaluated
by end-users and by a team of computer savvy 'experts'. An important
point in their testing was responsiveness. Both teams gave us more than
double the score of the web-app.

I'm not saying that web-apps are evil, but simply that they are not the
solution for *every* problem.

Michael.