[fpc-pascal] Creating FPC enabled websites

Andrew Brunner andrew.t.brunner at gmail.com
Tue Mar 3 22:16:43 CET 2009

On Tue, Mar 3, 2009 at 3:04 PM, Michael Van Canneyt
<michael at freepascal.org> wrote:

> To prove my point I once did performance tests with AJAX, SOAP and whatnot
> technologies when compared to a specialized C/S protocol. In general the
> conclusion was that SOAP and standards-based applications worked 6 times
> slower. Also something to take into consideration, because it meant that
> 6 times more people could work on a single server simultaneously.
>
> Michael.

That might be true using conventional servers for the back-end but the
apps I did and tested were developed on MY back-end.  When tested - I
was pushing about 35k simultaneous connections (sustained) with jumps
up to 45k per network node.  Each connection was spanned across
HTTP,POP3, and SMTP :-)  All protocols mentioned were running on the
SAME machine.  Each connection had access to MySQL connectivity via my
own n-Tier Database API that could handle the thread pooling required
to handle such transactions.

This technology is something I am looking to bring to Lazarus and open
up for Cloud computing sometime soon.