[fpc-pascal] Compilation aborted / Compatability Problem

Jonas Maebe jonas.maebe at elis.ugent.be
Tue Mar 3 21:41:18 CET 2009

On 03 Mar 2009, at 20:02, Jens Kluschat wrote:

> I´m just trying to use free Pascal for the first time.
> When I Try to compile a test program, I get the compiler message:
>
> Error: Illegal parameter: -Opentium3
>
> or:
>
> Fatal: Unable to open file C:\FPC\2.2.2\bin\i386-win32\fp.cfg
> Fatal: Compilation aborted.
>
> Can you help me?

It's caused by an unfortunate error in the FPC 2.2.2 distribution. You
can read here how to fix it: http://community.freepascal.org:10000/bboards/message?message_id=284955&forum_id=24094
  (the second post from the bottom of the page). It will be solved in
FPC 2.2.4, which is hopefully due next weekend.

Jonas