[fpc-pascal] Creating FPC enabled websites

Bee bee.ography at gmail.com
Tue Mar 3 06:14:43 CET 2009

> So far I found
> embeddable webserver
> http://www.eilers.net/pascal
> Site doesn't have much info

Never use custom embedded web server though it's not hard to build one.

> Synapse
> http://www.ararat.cz/synapse/doku.php
> Seems very low level.

It looks more a TCP/IP suite classes to me.

Powtils
> http://z505.com/powtils/idx.shtml
> This one has a number of examples and seems the most promissing.

This a pascal CGI unit.

Despite Powtils looks quite mature, especially the v1.6, the development is
halted. It stopped at v.1.7 which IMO not too stable. I've been using it and
produced some fairly complex CGI-based web apps. It does the job very well.

Another alternative is ExtPascal project (http://extpascal.googlecode.com).
It offers a FCGI class and wrap ExtJS into Pascal language. You may build a
RIA using it. I've been playing around with it for a while and already built
an application based on it in production. So far, it performs very well.

--
-Bee-

has Bee.ography at:
http://beeography.wordpress.com