[fpc-pascal] Creating FPC enabled websites

Travis Siegel tsiegel at softcon.com
Mon Mar 2 19:06:10 CET 2009

Not fpc related, but irie pascal (http://www.irietools.com) has a
pascal that is cross platform, and does handle web support quite well.
My attempts to get him to support osx has fallen flat, but dos,
windows, bsd, solaris (I think) and other distributions are supported,
so it may do what you want.
If something like irie pascal could be built using fpc though, it
would be a great help, since I'd really like to build some web apps,
but w/o irie for osx, it puts a serious crimp in my ability to make
cross-platform apps.
Fpc is cross platform I know, but as far as I know, it's not optomized
for cgi execution like irie pascal is.
I suppose I could build a stripped-down version of fpc specifically
for cgi-type work, if anyone is interested in such, but i like the
approach irie took in that you could use the same compiled source on
any of it's supported platforms.
I've thought about cloning irie pascal virtual machines and writing
that in fpc, but I don't know if i want to do that much work just to
get something that out to be simple to create if Mr.Stewart would pull
his head out of his nether regions and allow somebody to make anyhow.