[fpc-pascal] Persistent blocks in Lazarus

Martin Friebe fpc at mfriebe.de
Wed Jul 22 01:29:00 CEST 2009

[cross-posted to lazarus list => please join there to continue the topic]

I am trying to figure out how they work....

- Block is kept, if cursor moves away. (obvious)
- Shift Cursur keys:
  - Block is extended if cursor was next to block
  - New block is started , if cursor was away from block.
     (could also be used to extend the block, like shift-left-mouse)
- Block is kept, position/size adjusted if text is typed before, or into
the block  (exception, column mode block is not adapted)
- ctrl-c copies the block, at any time

annoyances I found in turbo explorer (the free delphi), not sure if they
are supposed to be.
- Move the caret via mouse (left click) => block is undone
- paste/ctrl-v : the newly inserted text is selected as new block?
   (this means the current block is lost)

That's all the knowledge I have about them sofar.

Anyone wants to update me?

Martin