[fpc-pascal] ARM crosscompiler again

Jonas Maebe jonas.maebe at elis.ugent.be
Tue Jul 21 11:26:08 CEST 2009

On 21 Jul 2009, at 11:06, Henry Vermaak wrote:

> 2009/7/20 greim <greim at schleibinger.com>:
>> Then i started the compiler (as root ???) with :
>> make clean all CPU_TARGET=arm OS_TARGET=linux
>> BINUTILSPREFIX=/usr/arm/bin/arm-unknown-linux-gnu
>>
>> The compiler (2.2.4) was running some minutes.
>> But no ppcarm there afterwards.
>> Any hint???
>
> If you haven't done a "make install", then the compiler should be in
> ./compiler/.

And it will be called ppcrossarm (because it's a cross-compiler,
rather than a native compiler).

To make it clear: the above command will create a non-EABI ARM little
endian compiler, using the FPA floating point unit. If you want to use
softfloat, add OPT="-Cfsoft". Moreover, if you (the original poster)
intend to target an ARM-EABI platform, I would strongly recommend to
use FPC 2.3.1 instead, because 2.2.4 contains quite a few bugs for
those platforms. When using 2.2.x, at the very least you also have to
add -O- to the OPT parameters.

Jonas