[fpc-pascal] Lazarus settings and roaming profiles in Windows

Jürgen Hestermann juergen.hestermann at gmx.de
Thu Jul 16 11:51:29 CEST 2009

>> Therefore it would be the best of all worlds to save the Lazarus
>> settings to the Lazarus directory.
> No. A sane environment shouldn't even grant you write permissions there.

Then Lazarus should ask where to put the settings on installation
because there are so many different configurations and Lazarus cannot
guess it correctly. I would like to have it in the Lazarus directoy and
you can be sure that my environment is "sane".

>> Then you would not have any
>> problems when using roaming profiles (neither losing settings nor
>> performance impact when copying data on logon).
> But you would lose your settings when changing the machine, because then
> the settings aren't part of your profile anymore.

Well, I now lose the settings even on the one and only machine I am
using Lazarus.