[fpc-pascal] XML with lazarus UTF8 problem

JoshyFun joshyfun at gmail.com
Mon Jul 6 17:06:24 CEST 2009

Hello FPC-Pascal,

Monday, July 6, 2009, 12:12:18 PM, you wrote:

HG> sounds interesting. Where do I get cwstring?
HG> on this thread someone pointed out, that one needs it only on
HG> linux - do I need it on darwin, too?
HG> http://lists.freepascal.org/lists/fpc-devel/2007-November/012047.html
HG> Why do I have to Encode and not to Decode UTF8 if the file is
HG> UTF8. This is my mistake. It works now!
HG> But I do not understand that. Can someone explain?

So the problem was not reading the DOM but displaying the nodes. The
fpc DOM (if my memory serves me) always store everything in WideString
format, regardless the input encoding. That's the reason you cast it
to WideString and them UTF8 encode it to be displayed by the LCL. I
think the cast is not needed, but as the string is a DOMString maybe
it is a must (not checked).

--
Best regards,
 JoshyFun