[fpc-pascal] cross platform version of IsCharAlpha()

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Mon Jan 12 10:19:15 CET 2009

On Mon, Jan 12, 2009 at 11:13 AM, ik <idokan at gmail.com> wrote:
> The problem with such function is that it requires a lot of data to be
> used on a non ANSI table. and you can not use in a unicode
> implementation the Char type, because a char can be more then one
> byte.

I know that all to well.  :-)   I made a ugly hack just so I can get
that ported code working (compilable) under Linux. The Delphi code I
am porting is pre-Unicode, so I don't care about Unicode at this
moment, but many non-ANSI chars will still fall through the cracks
with my implementation.  :-(

Regards,
  - Graeme -