[fpc-pascal] for .. in loop implementation

Jeremy Cowgar jeremy at cowgar.com
Thu Jan 8 16:47:48 CET 2009

Marco van de Voort wrote:
> In our previous episode, Jeremy Cowgar said:
>
>> What is the negative of adding it?
>>

> Clutter, maintenance, and somebody has to do both implementation and
> maintenance, addition to documentation tool, pretty printer etc.

I wonder how much maintenance would actually have to be done? Once a
language construct is present, does it really take that much to keep it
up? When is the last time the While loop was bug fixed? The same for the
additions to documentation, pretty printer, etc... It's all done once
and should be fine after that.

However, I am speaking out of a not ever looking at the compiler source,
so I may be pretty far off base. Just thinking aloud.

Jeremy