[fpc-pascal] installation problem of freePascal on freeDos

spark74 at gmx.de spark74 at gmx.de
Thu Feb 26 23:18:54 CET 2009

Hi,
I run freeDos 1.0 in the Sun xVM Virtual Box 2.1.3  and I tried to install
FreePascal 2.2.2 (GO32v2 extender version). I created c:\tmp copied dos222.zip into it, unzipped it and started install.
The free pascal installer starts and I accept the default settings
base path C:\pp" and choose continue (even the text cursor mouse works).
The installation starts and after installing utildos.zip the free pascal installer stops with the error message:
Runtime error 2 at $00029619
  $00029619
  $0002AA2D
... seven lines.
This error message is printed to the Dos prompt.
Does FreePascal have general problems to run on FreeDos?
Had anybody success to install FreePascal on FreeDos?
What could be the problem to install FreePascal the way I've done?
It would be creat if you could help me.
Kind regards,
   Roland
--
Computer Bild Tarifsieger! GMX FreeDSL - Telefonanschluss + DSL
für nur 17,95 ¿/mtl.!* http://dsl.gmx.de/?ac=OM.AD.PD003K11308T4569a