[fpc-pascal] specifying the relative path to a file that is located in the same folder as the application bundle?

Ken G. Brown kbrown at mac.com
Thu Feb 5 21:29:42 CET 2009

So far I have the following external definitions:

Function CFStringGetFileSystemRepresentation(myPathString : CFStringRef; buffer : ppchar; maxBufLen : CFIndex) : Boolean; cdecl; External;
Function _CFStringGetFileSystemRepresentation(myPathString : CFStringRef; buffer : ppchar; maxBufLen : CFIndex) : Boolean; C; External;

Function CFStringGetMaximumSizeOfFileSystemRepresentation(myPathStr2 : CFStringRef) : CFIndex; cdecl; External;
Function _CFStringGetMaximumSizeOfFileSystemRepresentation(myPathStr2 : CFStringRef) : CFIndex; C; External;

Function CFBundleGetMainBundle() : CFBundleRef; cdecl; External;
Function _CFBundleGetMainBundle() : CFBundleRef; C; External;

and the following snippet

var
		success : boolean = false;
		mainBundle : CFBundleRef;
		bundlePath : CFURLRef;
		bundlePathStr : CFStringRef;
		myBundlePathStr : ppchar;
begin

// Get the main bundle for the app
	mainBundle := CFBundleGetMainBundle();
	bundlePath := CFBundleCopyBundleURL(mainBundle);

	bundlePathStr := CFURLCopyFileSystemPath (bundlePath, kCFURLPOSIXPathStyle);

success := CFStringGetFileSystemRepresentation (bundlePathStr, myBundlePathStr, CFStringGetMaximumSizeOfFileSystemRepresentation(bundlePathStr));

I'm not quite sure if I am doing the 2nd arg correctly, it's supposed to be char *buffer.

Does this look alright? If not, what should I be using for the myBundlePathString type?

And I notice that CFStringGetFileSystemRepresentation is only available for 10.4 and newer. What do i need to do instead if wanting to deploy to 10.3.9?

Thx again for all the help, sooo close!
Ken  G. Brown