[fpc-pascal] Linking Problems while cross compiling for arm

Hartmut Eilers hartmut at eilers.net
Mon Dec 14 20:20:27 CET 2009

> Date: Wed, 9 Dec 2009 10:19:52 +0000
> From: Henry Vermaak <henry.vermaak at gmail.com>
> Subject: Re: [fpc-pascal] Linking Problems while cross compiling for
>        arm
> To: FPC-Pascal users discussions <fpc-pascal at lists.freepascal.org>
>
> 2009/12/9 Marco van de Voort <marcov at stack.nl>:
>> In our previous episode, Dariusz Mazur said:
>>> Its not for me, I pass through crosscompiling,  but I want to make it
>>> simpler,
>>
>> As this thread clearly demonstrates, the problem with crosscompiling is
>> understand what happens, and diagnose problems. Not typing when adding
>> parameters.
>
> I can't agree more.  People should read the buildfaq.
>
> Henry

Hallo Henry,

you're absolutely right, but it's easy to read over the one important sentence
in the whole buildfaq. I've read it several times and missed all the time the
essential stuff. Thanks to all helping me.
Since crosscompiling is a long runner on my list and I found a lot of totally
outdated information ( especially for ARM )  I have compiled what I have did
to get it running. Special thanks to Daruisz and Jonas for their help
and  patience.
see:
http://www.eilers.net/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=78&Itemid=55

regards Hartmut