[fpc-pascal] TIOStream and .Position

Žilvinas Ledas zilvinas.ledas at dict.lt
Sun Dec 6 01:31:23 CET 2009

Yes, I am. But I thought that it is not that logical after I found function:
---
FPos:  Int64;
---
and
---
function TIOStream.Seek(Offset: Longint; Origin: Word): Longint;
<...>
  { Try to fake seek by reading and discarding }
<...>
---
Either way, I have modified mine iostream code to return currently
available FPos:  Int64 and now I can use Position to know how many bytes
were read from the time I have created input stream. It is usefull as I
am using generic TStream which in my app can be TFileStream,
TStringStream or TIOStream and now I can use the same stream.Position
with valid result (as long as I do not seek).

If it is intended behaviour to return -1 it is ok by me ;) I just wanted
to check if it wasn't a bug.

Regards,
Zilvinas Ledas