[fpc-pascal] Why is cthreads unit not included by default

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg at opensoft.homeip.net
Thu Aug 27 12:49:37 CEST 2009

Michael Van Canneyt wrote:

> Because I want a FPC program to depend only on the Linux kernel,
> not on the C library.

OK.

> There are FPC programs from 8 years back that still work with the current
> kernel. Try that with a program that depends on the C library.

Sorry if this sounds dumb - it's late in the week. ;-)
Is this an issue, even if your program doesn't use any
procedures/functions from the dynamically linked C library. For example,
a console application that includes the cthreads unit (which dynamically
links to C Library), but doesn't actually use the C Library or threads.
Would such a console application not run on an 8 year old Linux distro?

Regards,
  - Graeme -

http://opensoft.homeip.net/fpgui/