[fpc-pascal] packages: lazarus vs. fpc

Marc Santhoff M.Santhoff at web.de
Wed Aug 26 03:38:27 CEST 2009

Am Dienstag, den 25.08.2009, 10:31 +0200 schrieb Jonas Maebe:
> On 25 Aug 2009, at 08:55, Marc Santhoff wrote:
>
> > if a Makefile.fpc is generated by lazarus from a lazarus package (.lpi
> > file), would this Makefile.fpc be sufficient for integrating the
> > package
> > into the fpc package tree below the "extra" directory?
>
> Anyway, some of
> the main requirements for adding a new package to FPC are that it
> doesn't have any Lazarus/LCL dependencies, and that we have a
> reasonable expectation that the person asking for it to be included
> will also maintain and update it in the future.

I was thinking about using it for injecting local packages into the
pascal tree to make system admin life easier. This way there would be
only one location where pascal library like stuff is to put and
remember.

If there is something to be published to the world I'd certainly ask if
it is of any use for others beforhand.
--
Marc Santhoff <M.Santhoff at web.de>