[fpc-pascal] Porting Delphi ASM code to FPC

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg at opensoft.homeip.net
Mon Aug 24 11:40:54 CEST 2009

Jonas Maebe wrote:

>> {$IFDEF INTERNAL_BACKTRACE}
>>  // nothing
>> {$ELSE}
>> function get_frame:pointer;{$ifdef SYSTEMINLINE}inline;{$endif}
>> {$ENDIF}
>
> Compile with -va and look whether the compiler defines
> INTERNAL_BACKTRACE. Whether or not is irrelevant to the actual
> functionality though, it works in both cases.

OK, my 64bit FPC does have INTERNAL_BACKTRACE defined, but does NOT have
FPC_SYSTEM_HAS_GET_FRAME.

So it seems my FPC doesn't have get_frame() function, but yet FPC is
able to compile DUnit2. This is weird and I don't understand how
  get_caller_addr(get_frame);
is able to compile without errors.

I did a 'find in files' for 'function get_frame' and found 8
implementations and not one match my compiler (IFDEF's).

Regards,
  - Graeme -

http://opensoft.homeip.net/fpgui/