[fpc-pascal] What's the difference between fpc224 and fpc231?

Marc Santhoff M.Santhoff at web.de
Sun Aug 23 19:04:25 CEST 2009

Am Freitag, den 21.08.2009, 12:50 +0800 schrieb yu ping:
> I just download the newest Lazarus which has a newer fpc compiler
> 2.31version,
> but I can't find the "what's new" document, then What's the difference
> between fpc224 and fpc231?

And 2.3.1 does have support for embedded devices!

Look there:
http://wiki.freepascal.org/Embedded

To all the developers making this happen:
Well done and a big thanks!

I'm very keen on testing the new stuff, but I have one question:

Using the embedded target is for bare metal programming. Wanting to use
an embedded OS like eCos or FreeRTOS would still require a full OS and
CPU port of fpc to this target, right?

--
Marc Santhoff <M.Santhoff at web.de>